Keeping it personal, keeping it fun, Keeping it professional
We believe that children learn from real experiences, practical activities, and not just computers – hence our ‘pen-to-paper’ emphasis and informal (but purposeful!) approach. Our approach has helped numerous children reach their fullest potential, by achieving excellent SATS, Mocks, GCSE, 11+ and 12+ passes over previous years.
What makes us different?
Online and computer-based teaching aids have some real benefits in regard to Math’s tutoring and English tutoring – but at Empowering Education, we believe it is the human factor which makes a major difference to the way a child learns. Every child is unique – so our materials are designed to enable our tutors to create an individual program for your child with a strong core of personal, ‘pencil to paper’ teaching backed up by online resources where these can help.
Whether you are interested in Math’s tutoring or English tutoring in your area, here are some things you will notice about empowering Education which differentiate us from other tutoring centre’s:
- We offer Free assessment to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses
- A learning program tailored to your child’s particular needs
- Teaching materials directly linked to the National Curriculum, to support what’s happening in school – we don’t just use online worksheets
- Tutoring all the way up to GCSE & A-Level
- One-to-one teaching to overcome barriers & blockers
- Regular, marked homework
- Regular progress feedback to parents
Primary and KS3 Maths Assessment
During the assessment we will gather information about your child’s skills in relation to their academic year. This will include all the basic skills expected for your child’s year group. It can be common that children may not have understood a basic building block in a certain area, which then gives rise to the difficulty of moving ahead to higher levels of understanding. Some children get stuck and simply don’t know how to move ahead. We identify the areas of weakness, and put an individual teaching plan in place, in order to help them make the steps of progress in the following:
- Number bonds
- pattern in number
- times tables,
- language of maths
- accuracy in the 4 basic operations in number
- problem solving, measures
- time, money, fractions, decimals, percentage, area, perimeter, symmetry, volume, surface area, data handling, algebra, geometry.
Thursday: 2 sessions
4:30 – 5:30pm & 5:30-6:30pm
Friday: 2 sessions
4:30 – 5:30pm & 5:30 – 6:30pm
Saturday: 4 sessions
10:00 – 11:20am & 11:30am – 12:50pm & 1:00 – 2:20pm & 2:30 -3:50pm
Sunday: 3 sessions
10:00 – 11:00am & 11:00am – 12:00 & 12:00 – 1:00pm
We have courses for parents and adults Monday to Friday Morning
Teaching time is 60 minutes per session.
Monday to Friday
10am – 6:00pm
11am – 4:00pm – By Appointment ONLY
11am – 1:00pm – By Appointment ONLY